The National Decommissioning Centre welcomed a delegation from Miyakojima, Japan, on Thursday, 6 July.
The group was interested to hear about the NDC’s partnership with Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult and the research projects on new floating offshore wind technologies as well as the use of its marine simulator to visualise the emerging integrated North Sea basin.
Organised through Aberdeen City Council’s International Trade department the visitors included:
- Tomoyuki Yamada, research scientist at the Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry
- Yoko Shimoji, manager of the Eco-Island Promotion Section, Department of Planning and Policies, Miyakojima City Municipality,
- Naoto Higa, CEO of the Nextems Corporation and Minori Ishii, Deputy Consul General of Japan
- Minori Ishii, Deputy Consul General of Japan
- Mami Nakao, Stakeholder Engagement Manager, Rigocal Engineering, Aberdeen (translator)
Participants from the NDC included:
- Director Professor Richard Neilson
- Centre Manager Dr Karen McArdle
- Simulator Technical Manager Dr Marcin Kapitaniak
- Research Fellow Dr Sam Cauvin
- Business Development Analyst Malcolm Stone
Hugh Riddell, Regional Partnership Manager at ORE Catapult, delivered a presentation on the catapult network in the UK and the work of the Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult in wind as well as tidal and wave energy.
Notes for Editors
|Friday July 7th, 2023